- Louisville, Kentucky
REPORTS TO: VP of Finance
HOURS: Full-time position
SALARY: Determined by experience
General Job Overview:
The primary duties of the Accounting Assistant is to manage all company receivables, payables, etc. The Accounting Assistant would work with the hotels that we contract for event rooms to collect their pickup reports, invoice them and receive and record the deposits. They would also be responsible for the day-to-day tasks such as refunds and data entry in QuickBooks. Will work directly with the VP of Finance and Accounting Manager to ensure all accounting within company is accurate and processes are efficient.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sending out pick-up report requests
• Following up with hotels on pick-up
• Create & send invoices to the hotels
• Entering all information in our Operation Management System
• Collect and match deposits to invoices.
• Make bank deposits.
• Process Refunds.
• Ensuring all receivables are paid on time – Collections
• Administrative – Data Entry in QuickBooks
• Other miscellaneous duties as needed.
• Full Confidentiality – will keep all salaries and other financial details completely confidential.
• Must be very Quick at turning a project but Extremely Accurate at the same time!!
• Good communication skills – Must be a good communicator to the vendors, co-employees and company owners.
• Must be customer service orientated.
• Must be a self-starter/independent worker.
• Ability to manage challenging situations, respond promptly, answers all client requests in a timely manner and
develop solutions to real-time problems.
• Strength in multi-tasking – Must be able to handle multiple projects and tasks at once.
• Detailed orientated – Requires proper tracking, note taking and reporting. Nothing can be missed.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Deadline driven – Must meet all deadlines and goals.
• Must be willing to show openness and acceptance to others, welcome feedback and support the company’s
efforts to succeed as a whole.
Abilities and Experiences:
• Proficient with QuickBooks (On-line version preferred)
• Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Experience with managing Payables and Receivables
• Experience in customer service / Customer Service Certification.
• Accounting or Business Management Degree Preferred.
• Salary and benefits commensurate to education and experience.
• This job may require a non-compete agreement to be signed as a condition of employment.