- Louisville, Kentucky
- Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Account Director and VP of Ops
HOURS: Full-time position
SALARY: Starting at $40,000 (determined by experience)
General Job Overview:
The Account Manager will work with designated clients and work to meet the financial and service goals of their assigned partners/clients. Your main responsibility will be to oversee your assigned accounts from top to bottom. You will the client’s main point of contact at Team Travel Source and will work with them to create a strategic plan to increase their housing revenue. This includes creating RFPs and contracts, traveling for site visits if necessary, managing inventory and working closely with the Team Relations and Customer Relations departments to ensure our client’s and their teams are receiving the service they deserve. Account Managers are responsible for constant communication with their clients pre-event, during the event and after the event. The Account Manager will be 100% responsible for all operations connected with their assigned client/partners. They will act as an extension of the client/partner’s company. This position requires tremendous people skills as they will work with many partners and creatively facilitate their needs as well as many different hotels, CVBs and Sports Commissions. The position requires a detailed, multitasker, well-rounded, customer service orientated individual with strengths in both the operational and sales aspects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle all things related to assigned accounts.
- Work on specific projects or initiatives as assigned.
- Conduct strategic meetings with assigned clients to obtain a full understanding of all events and the housing needs for assigned events.
- Strategically create and send out the hotel RFP to include all requests from the client.
- Evaluate RFPs and negotiate when necessary to decide which properties to contract.
- Contract the selected properties.
- Assist and oversee entry of all executed contracts into the online reservation system and company OMS.
- Work with the Hotel Relations & Marketing Teams to set up the online booking portal that is customized to each client and assist in getting the event housing reservation site launched.
- Secure additional rooms as needed.
- Continuously monitor hotel pick-up and communicate with hotels, CVBs and the partner clients as necessary.
- Work with the client and the Team Relations Specialists to make sure all team room blocks are being set up effectively and necessary information is readily available. Make sure this remains a proactive process. Be available to handle any escalations that come from this department.
- Work with marketing team to create marketing pieces for each event to target potential teams and/or to promote client products/service via email campaigns, social media, etc.
- Communicate all important information to the TTS Customer Service department and assist with any Customer Relations escalations.
- Prepare for and conduct regularly scheduled meetings with assigned clients and regularly communicate with our partners regarding their pick-up, housing concerns, etc.
- Conduct event wrap-up meetings and/or reports as directed.
- Participate in team strategy meetings regarding the team’s accounts.
- Participate in sales meetings as necessary to explain our services and obtain new clients/partners for TTS.
- Answer phones to assist with all individual and partner needs and/or general company calls as demand requires.
- Provide extremely personal and friendly customer service to each TTS customer.
- Travel to conferences, site visits, training meetings and events as necessary to meet and assist our partners.
- Other duties as needed.
- Assist other employees as necessary. TTS promotes a teamwork environment.
Abilities and Experiences:
- Experience as a sports event producer, hotel sales or event management, convention and business bureau, housing company, sports commission or NGB is a positive but not required.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is a must.
- Customer Service experience a benefit.
- Sports experience is helpful but not required.
- Salary and benefits commensurate to education and experience.
- This job may require a non-compete agreement to be signed as a condition of employment.