Hiring & Training Manager
- Louisville, Kentucky
- People Operations
REPORTS TO: Director of People Operations
FULL TIME: 40 hours/week
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
SALARY: Salary based on experience
General Job Overview:
We are looking to employ a Hiring & Training Manager with outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. The manager is expected to be a strategic thinker with fantastic organizational and time management skills, and they must have excellent research skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the Hiring & Training Manager should understand the TTS business operation and decision-making processes with a keen interest in producing targeted and tangible results by creating an effective and efficient workforce. Top candidates for this position will be innovative, strong decision-makers and outstanding facilitators of learning and change. We are looking for a manager to oversee the expansion of our team, and for them to identify prospective openings, search for and recruit talent, facilitate team interviews for suitably qualified applicants, and ultimately with management approval, extend job offers to the strongest candidates. The Hiring & Training Manager will oversee the onboarding process. They will lead the initial recruiting effort, set up interviews with the appropriate managers, extend offers to hire, set up new team member onboarding, and oversee continued trainings for all employees. This position will require 40 hours of in-office work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drive TTS Core Values and culture through all recruiting, hiring, training and development activities.
• Evaluate current recruiting procedures and modified them/develop new procedures for increased efficiency and effectiveness; review and select suitable job advertising options.
• Monitor key recruitment metrics to identify and resolve issues affecting recruiting procedures
• Share reports and results with management. Strategically identify and adjust initiatives that are not producing.
• Regularly attend conferences, seminars, job fairs, and other industry events to network and develop long-lasting professional relationships, if applicable.
• Create job descriptions and propose salary structures for each opening in tandem with company management.
• Source and vet applications and gain necessary feedback throughout the process.
• Interview candidates and/or set up interviews for the appropriate individuals and manage logistics once the most suitable individual has been selected.
• Compile manager approved details and extend job offers.
• Facilitate team communication about candidates and help negotiate with candidates about jobrelated expectations and compensation.
• Lead our new hire committee and continuously vet and evolve our recruiting and onboarding processes.
• Oversee new hire onboarding processes and create training schedules with input from department leaders.
• Ensure all schedules are adhered to and that all team members have the appropriate links, schedules blocked, etc.
• Document and report on employees’ performance when necessary.
• Implement strategies to develop and retain employees; regularly evaluate staffing retention rates and turnover rates and make suggestions to improve retention.
• Liaison with company department leads and the Exec team to anticipate and plan for future recruitment, hiring, and training needs.
• Present needs to company executives/owners.
• Identify and assess the training needs of the company through job analysis, career paths and consultation with managers/leaders of TTS.
• Develop individualized and group training programs that address specific TTS needs.
• Develop training manuals and training methods that target tangible results.
• Assess employees’ skills, performance, and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
• Effectively communicate with team members, trainers, and management/leadership team.
• Manage the technologies and technical personnel required to develop, manage, and deliver training.
• Keep up with current training & recruiting trends, developments, and best practices • Effectively manage the recruiting, hiring, and training budget, if applicable.
• Facilitate the logistics of the TTS Mentorship program.
• Participate on committees.
• Complete special projects as assigned.
• Other duties as needed.
• Assist other employees as necessary. TTS promotes a teamwork environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business management, labor relations, or related field.
• Proven experience as a recruiting or hiring manager/in training/development management.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent management and leadership skills; sound organizational and decision-making skills.
• Top-notch interpersonal, problem-solving, and negotiation skills & abilities.
• In-depth understanding of appropriate duties and compensation for each position.
• Familiarity with labor legislation and HR practices.
• Excellent research skills.
• Capacity to mentor and develop new hires.
• Superb track record in developing and executing successful training programs.
• Familiar with traditional and modern training processes.
• Strategic and creative mindset.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
Abilities and Experiences:
• Professional/office experience.
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is a must.
• Sports experience is helpful but not required.
• Salary and benefits commensurate to education and experience.
• This job will require a non-compete agreement to be signed as a condition of employment.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.