Hotel Relations Specialist
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Hotel Relations
REPORTS TO: Hotel Relations Director
LOCATION: Louisville, KY
General Job Overview:
The primary job of the Hotel Relations Specialist is to work directly with the Hotel Relations Manager to oversee the on-line housing reservation portal, serve as the liaison between Team Travel Source and process all hotel reservations for assigned events. The Hotel Relations team plays an integral part in making sure the attendees, the hotels, and our partner clients are all taken care of and receive excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Confirm hotel contacts and send reservations and rooming lists to hotels at cutoff date.
- Work with account management team to monitor and manage hotel inventory.
- Request additional inventory request for team requests and individual waitlists once housing opens
- Monitor and confirm wait listed reservations as inventory becomes available
- Request confirmation numbers for all reservations and ensure each reservation has a hotel assigned confirmation number by the required deadline.
- Send out email communications to guests.
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed.
- Strength in multi-tasking – Must be able to handle multiple partners, projects and tasks at once
- Strong organizational skills and detailed orientated – Requires proper tracking, note taking and reporting
- Deadline driven – Must meet all deadlines and goals
- Ability to manage challenging situations, respond promptly to hotel needs, answers all requests in a timely manner and develop solutions to real-time problems
- Good communication skills – Must be a good communicator. The job requires consistent written and oral communication with hotel rooming list or sales contacts to keep them fully aware of inventory pickup, needs, special requests, concerns, etc.
- Must be customer service orientated
- Must be a self-starter/independent worker
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities. Must be willing to show openness and acceptance to others, welcome feedback and support the company’s efforts to succeed as a whole.
Abilities and Experiences:
- Hotel, travel or sports management industry experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Mail Merge, etc.) is a must.
- Salary and benefits commensurate to education and experience
- This job may require a non-compete agreement to be signed as a condition of employment.
- Experience with macOS preferred
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.