Team Experience Specialist
- Louisville, Kentucky
- Team Relations
REPORTS TO: Director of Customer Experience
HOURS: Full-time position
SALARY: Starting at $32,000 (determined by experience)
General Job Overview:
The primary job of the Team Experience Specialist is to work directly with each team who has, is or will be attending our partner events. The Team Relations Specialist sets up their housing block for each event they are attending and works with the National Account Manager and Hotel Relations Manager to make sure that each step of the housing process is moving along smoothly. The Team Relations Specialist is an integral part in making sure the event producer, the hotel(s) and team are all taken care of and receiving excellent customer service.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first customer service “touch” for teams attending assigned accounts.
- Work with event producers to acquire registration and collaborate on outreach to teams.
- Proactively contact all teams who have attended in the past, who are targeted to attend and/or who are registered for the event to secure their team blocks.
- Work directly with teams to present and finalize hotel options and fulfill their housing needs for each event.
- Create customized booking links complete with pictures, text and logos as avenues for reservations.
- Regularly communicate with the team contacts regarding pick-up, reduction dates, expiration dates via email and the event dashboard.
- Update the internal database with trackable notes.
- Serve as customer service liaison between hotel, event producer, team contact and guests.
- Upsell to all team contacts regarding our ability to help them with other event room block needs.
- Travel to conferences, training sessions, client meetings, site visits and events as necessary to meet and assist partners and team contacts.
- Other miscellaneous duties as needed.
- Ability to manage challenging situations, respond promptly to client needs, answers all client requests in a timely manner and develop solutions to real-time problems.
- Must be EXCELLENT at customer service. Must have a very POSITIVE demeanor and always act in a PROFESSIONAL manner when dealing with a customer.
- Strength in multi-tasking – Must be able to handle multiple partners, projects and tasks at once.
- Detailed orientated – Requires proper tracking, note taking and reporting.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Deadline driven – Must meet all deadlines and goals.
- Good communication skills – Must be a good communicator. The job requires consistent written and oral communication with National Account Manager & Inventory Control Manager to keep them fully aware of event pickup and to alert them to problems in a timely manner.
- Must be customer service orientated.
- Must be a self-starter/independent worker.
- Ability to balance individual and team responsibilities. Must be willing to show openness and acceptance to others, welcome feedback and support the company’s efforts to succeed as a whole.
Abilities and Experiences:
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel is a must.
- Customer Service experience a benefit.
- Sports experience is helpful but not required.
- Salary and benefits commensurate to education and experience.
- This job may require a non-compete agreement to be signed as a condition of employment.