Vice President of Sales￼
- Louisville, Kentucky
INDUSTRY: Sports Housing Management
LOCATION: Louisville, KY preferred. Remote location considered for exceptional candidates.
SALARY: Base Salary plus Commission – negotiable based on experience
General Job Overview:
We are looking for a high performing VP of Sales for Team Travel Source.
Seeking a high energy leader who will motivate and engage their team and provide the tools and strategy needed for both individul and company success. This person must be entrepreneurial, a quick learner, driven and diligent, extremely organized, and highly skilled at reading people and situations in general. Superior communication and presentation skills are necessary. Most importantly, this person must believe in, align with and act within our important Core Values.
Our decision-makers are C-Level executives, so this team member must have a strong executive presence, be able to hold a room, and be able to connect with multiple personalities.
The main initial responsibility will be to develop a key growth strategy with an executable action plan that meets our customer acquisition and financial goals. The VP of Sales will be expected to hit annual targets, build relationships and understand customer trends.
- Quickly learn the industry landscape, current and new competitors, our operational needs from your department, the trends of the industry, and the needs that different customer types require.
- Do a deep dive into our sales pipeline and create plans to grow it substantially with all levels and types of customers.
- Create a strategic sales plan and action plan to execute it.
- Develop an effective CRM system and process.
- Get to know the main players in the industry – event producers, sports commissions and hotel brands. Create trusting relationships with each that will develop into opportunities for our company.
- Develop strong relationships with our “A” clients and potential “A” targets.
- Organize and manage company sales initiatives, potential client trips and ensure key targets attend planned events.
- Oversee, develop, and ensure full execution of the sales department’s everyday operation plan.
- Hire, manage and, if necessary, terminate sales and administrative personnel for the sales department.
- Motivate each team member to be driven to develop relationships, keep in contact with targets, know when the time to is to present a bid, and close the deal.
- Conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with the sales team members.
- Set up goals and commission plans for approval.
- Develop the operations plan to review goals and submit commissions to the accounting department by the due date.
- Provide up-to-date reports of pipelines, goal measurements and sales plans.
- Keep an updated bid packet template for the sales team to use with approved guidelines. Guidelines will include your required involvement level and necessary approvals if the proposed agreement needs are outside of the general pricing model.
- Work with marketing to effectively communicate our value proposition in sales presentations and proposals. Fully ensure the marketing plan is integrated into the sales team. Make sure they highlight our strengths including our technology, industry knowledge and connections as well as our most important part of our company – our TEAM.
- Work with our marketing team to develop customer appreciation parties, gifts, and giveaways for conferences and meetings.
- Identify new markets for our company.
- Find business development opportunities that would be valuable for our customers and allow us to have unique offerings.
- Work closely with the executive team to keep our team, customers and our company reputation top notch and our growth strong.
- Act with integrity.
- Always under promise and overdeliver.
- Proven sales executive experience, meeting or exceeding targets
- Previous experience as a sales executive, sales manager or sales and marketing director
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of services
- Proven ability to position our service in contrast with our competitors
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong in current technologies to manage the sales department and stay relevant in our presentation to the industry.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Manage a team through a full-cycle sales process and consistently deliver against quarterly quota.
- Creative, tenacious approach towards lead generation and deal closing!
- Drive meeting producers, sports event producers, Convention & Business Bureaus, Sport Facilities, Competition & Conference Events, Sports Commissions and many more opportunities to see how Team Travel Source’s service can save them time and earn them additional revenue!
- Help your team to Identify and engage decision-makers within target accounts using outbound outreach tactics of all kinds where needed such as cold calling, virtual and in person meetings as well as industry conferences.
- Support your team in the creation, negotiate, execution and renew contract agreements with prospects.
- Maintain detailed prospect and activity information in the company CRM.
- Monthly reporting on operations and financial goal status.
Submit your resume or questions to:
Ainsley Harris – VP of Customer Success and Retention
— and —
April LaFramboise – Owner